Tuesday, February 25, 2014

February 25, 2014

Do you ever get up in the morning and wonder - why am I here?  Am I doing what I am supposed to be doing?  Such thoughts tried to take hold of me this morning.

As usual, I got up from my bed, nowhere to go, nothing to do, really, and so as I have been doing for a long time now, I switch on Channel 4 (NBC) and watch for something good to happen.  Can you imagine, having a television program, program your day.

We used to do that, Derlene and I, but we had those memorable moments where we wouls pause and chose to discuss our day and often, many of our yesterdays, but now she 's not here, so I search for meaning and today, I discovered it in an unusual manner.

My problem with early morning TV is that they tend to talk a lot and say - nothing.

That was my feeling as I was watching Channel 4, so I switched to Channel 2.

You know I believe in God.   Without Him in my life I would not be here in this moment.

Well Channel 2 was introducing Dierks Bentley, a country voice with a guitar, and he was about to sing a new song, certainly one that I had never heard before.  For some reason I was drawn to watch him get ready and suddenly, I was hearing these words..."it's the miles that make a man..."  I didn't hear many of the other words as it is getting difficult for me to hear what others are saying.  Bless the computer, I can read what others write.

I was so taken by these words of wisdom coming from a celebrity, that I had to listen to see if I could understand the title and there it was, "I Hold On".  Would you believe, even those are words that I have often used to describe the possibility that in August, I will be celebrating my 85th birthday.

So, I "Googled" Bentley's name and got to hear the words without the noise you hear on TV, far too often in my opinion.

And there was the title of the album, "A Child of Christian Blood" on my TV.  At least I thought that was it as it looked like an album cover with that title.  To be certain, I "Googled" it and all I found was a book written about history in the years of Tsarist Russia.

More research reveals that his album is entitled, "I Hold On" as a matter of fact.

So, what did I see?   I like to say, "God moves in mysterious ways..." and maybe, who knows, He would have me think more about my responsibility to be, in fact, a child of Christian blood.

Have a great day.  You better know, I am deep into mine.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment